Saturday 8 January 2011

Running for the Catharsis



Catharsis or katharsis (Ancient Greek: κάθαρσις) is a Greek word meaning "cleansing" or "purging". It is derived from the verb καθαίρειν, kathairein, "to purify, purge," and it is related to the adjective καθαρός, katharos, "pure or clean."


I've been slightly melancholy over the past few days, in early January '96 my Mother was killed, and obviously it's January now, so it's abit on my mind, as it is every January.
I'm also planning a wedding, for this May. Yipee! But, right now, it always comes back to the fact that my Mother as a dress maker should be making my wedding dress. That was written in stone at age 10 or 12 when girls realise that weddings & stuff happen and it's a day you can plan to dress up like an actual princess & people on the high street won't laugh.

So while today was a rather Lazy 2 mile run, I certainly did use it to pound out the stress & headaches out.

My husband to be has obviously noted the melancholy as there are Gu cookies on the counter in the kitchen.

2 comments:

JogBlog said...

Your husband-to-be sounds lovely. I did 2 miles today, too, so it's obviously the new trendy mileage.

Anonymous said...

Anything made by Gu should help with melancholy. Hope the wedding planning's going well - he definitely sounds a good one x

Post a Comment