Thursday 27 May 2010

2.03KM (36 min) & a clever Baby

Just a Thursday afternoon waddle around the local park really.

My little baby really has turned up the wiggle factor by about 10, and a stroll out in the sun we've got seems to send the little blighter to sleep!

I also found the following article, through Twitter I think, from Natural News.
Granted it's a bit old, September 2009, but I like what it says...

"Children whose mother exercised 30 minutes a day score around eight points higher on standard IQ tests than children whose mothers were more sedentary," says psychologist Richard E. Nisbett, author of Intelligence and How to Get It.

But best of all I like the closing statement

"The mother is the most important IQ agent here," he said. "In families dominated by a father, there are higher mathematical skills but that's all we contribute, I'm afraid."

So there we go. It's all down to the mummy, like we didn't know it already!I'm glad I'm getting up off my bottom and doing a bit of waddling about.
 I'm certain that moving about more this pregnancy, compared with my last has made it better for me.
I certainly haven't had quite so many aches and pains as I did last time, and while I've had *ahem* slower digestion (if you get my jist) I'm sure it'd be slower & more painful.
And while I can't yet tell how clever my little wiggler is I'm certain the exercise is as much benefit for the both of us.



Meanwhile I must thank John, Maggs & Thomas who donated to Heart Research UK last night. The current total is £120 (including Gift Aid).
THANK YOU!



Sponsor me on Virgin Money Giving 

0 comments:

Post a Comment